The Perils of Faith

If I had a son I would probably teach him from early on that there is no god, or at least that it is not good to be a Christian for the following reasons. He would ask: "What happens after we die?" and I would say "nothing. Our body dies and we go to sleep forever from which we never wake up with no dreams". Then I would tell him: "precisely because we do not have a second life we have to make the most of the one we have". Then he would say something like "but a friend at school told me that he believes in God and Jesus Christ and prays every night when goes to bed and that he is sure he will go to heaven". I would respond: "you must remember that there is no evidence for gods existence. Christianity is a deal you have to make with God that you will never have any bad or naughty thoughts. If you decide to become a Christian you have to uphold your part of the bargain and think only good thoughts and your whole life must be dedicated to God".

Popular posts from this blog

Nietzsche and Pity

The Nature of Work

Heaven's Gate